Fabrizio_T has released a new version of his excellent bCombat AI Mod. We are currently testing this on our private server and I have to say, so far it’s a pretty major improvement over previous versions (not that anything was wrong to begin with).
I will be featuring a guide to Arma 3 AI mods in the near future. For now, I highly recommend installing fabrizio_T’s bCombat mod and giving it a try yourself. It’s quite good!
From the author:
The brave may wish to pick bCombat v0.16 RC from GitHub.
It was freshly committed a few minutes ago. Testing is undergoing.
If you want to check it out please:
– Stick to installation instructions, read the readme.
- – Debug mode is on by default. Disable it by setting bcombat_dev_mode = false; within config.sqf.
bCombat is an ArmA 3 infantry AI enhancement mod in form of addon, still under development. It’s currently Single Player only. CBA is this only requirement.
bCombat aims to achieve both a more aware and human-alike infantry AI. It features an unique ecosystem, including an event-driven AI morale / skill system as well as many optional AI enhancements.
- Morale system driving dynamically AI behavour and skills.
- AI behaviour is affected by many environmental events (spotted enemies, explosions, bullets whizzling by, ricochets, wounds, casualties, …).
- Modular mod architecture: optional features may be toggled on/off or tweaked at will.
- Reduced (excessive) AI firing accuracy.
- AI units proactively lay suppressive fire and suffer sensible morale / skill penalty when suppressed.
- Increased AI survivability: better use of cover, movement and suppressive fire lead to longer firefights.
- Player led AI units require far less micro-management on the battlefield.
bCombat core features include:
Full-featured morale system: morale affects both AI behaviour and combat effectiveness. AI will act aggressively or passively depending on circumstances.
- Event driven AI behaviour: any environmental events such as enemies inbound, heard gunfire, suppressive fire, nearby explosions and ricochets or casualties have an effect on AI behaviour.
- Real-time suppression effects: bCombat relies on (included) bDetect framework for accessing real-time ballistic information on any bullets flying by on the battlefield.
- Automatic (gunfire aware) stance handling: units will crouch, sprint or go prone according to situation
- Enhanced fire & movement routines
Optional (toggleable) features include, as of v0.15:
Custom move to cover behaviour
- Mutual covering behaviour
- Suppressive fire behaviour
- Specialized suppressive / overwatch behaviour
- Custom fleeing behaviour
- Surrendering behaviour
- CQB enhancements
- Enhanced hearing: units do hear gunfire and explosions at distance
- Investigate behaviour: units alerted by casualties or gunfire may move to nearby places to investigate enemy presence
- Enhanced grenade throwing: very short to long distance, includes blind throwing over obstacles
- Smoke grenade throwing
- Automatic formation tightening feature
- Faster movement feature
- Friendly fire damage capping
- Custom damage multiplier
- And more…
All this is delivered pre-configured and ready to go, while it can be tweaked at will via its own configuration file (config.sqf).
Download and install latest CBA distribution, get it from here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files
* Fixed: Reduction of “idling” overhead for high AI count (200+ units).
* New: variable “bcombat_degradation_distance”, distance ( unit to player ) over which some bCombat features get cut in order to achieve better performance in crowded battles ( many hundreds of units ).
* New: variable “bcombat_skill_multiplier”
* Tweaked: AI units being hit more likely to prioritize shooting on threat.
* Fixed: HandleDamage EH related issue, possibly breaking respawn scripts (thanks LSD_Timewarp82).
* Fixed: bug somewhat reducing responsiveness of suppressed units.
* Fixed: bug in grenade handling (thanks Torndeco).
* Fixed: AI units not scared by campfires anymore.
* New: Added 1 second post-spawn delay for unit initialization. Done in order to allow custom / third party scripts to be executed in the meantime.
* New: a few configuration variables within config.sqf.
* Tweaked: sensibly reduced spotting ability (about -50%) at night, for AI units wearing no night vision devices.
* Tweaked: AI spotting ability sensibly affected by fog.
* Tweaked: bullet penalties rebalanced.
* Tweaked: AI aiming accuracy slightly increased in average.
* Tweaked: damage multiplier: damage from null source (e.g. from falling or setDamage ) is not multiplied anymore. For sake of campaign compatibility.
* Tweaked: AI units’ peripheral vision.
* Fixed: ArmA3 v1.10 compatible custom grenade and smoke throwing.
* New: lower ground penalty: Firing from lower ground reduces effectiveness of suppressive fire (and viceversa).
* Tweaked: further improvements to hearing and investigate behaviour
Download bCombat on fabrizio_T’s GitHub