TPW MODS has just been updated. This is a bundle of mods that adds such things as ambient life and sounds, AI reactions to suppressive fire, civilians walking around the towns, and other enhancements to the Arma 3 world. It is configurable in that you can enable or disable the particular features you want using the included config file.
From the author:
In the months since Arma 3 alpha was released I’ve written a number of mods which do different things, but all of which have a common goal of increasing the immersion and realism of the single player experience in Arma 3. As the number of mods and their complexity has increased, I’ve found it increasingly difficult to keep track of feedback on multiple threads and maintain them all separately, so I’ve taken the decision to bundle them all into one addon, imaginatively titled TPW MODS.
TPW MODS consists of a number of independently configurable mods, and if you use them all you’ll get:
- Units reacting realistically to suppressive fire by ducking and seeking cover (TPW EBS).
- Units reacting to falls and bullet hits by falling to the ground (TPW FALL).
- Units continuing to bleed from injuries, resulting in decreased mobility and eventually incapacitation and death if not treated (TPW BLEEDOUT).
- Units with foggy breath during colder periods (TPW FOG).
- Ground heat haze / mirage effects during hot weather (TPW FOG)
- Units rapidly reacting to nearby enemies they have line of sight to (TPW LOS).
- Civilians in towns, walking around and interacting with each other (TPW CIVS).
- Civilian traffic, which you may commandeer (TPW CARS).
- Civilian cars parked by the side of the road near habitable houses (TPW PARK)
- Civilian boats (TPW BOATS).
- Lights in civilian houses at night (TPW HOUSELIGHTS).
- Appropriate sized flocks of sheep/goats/chickens, and randomly barking dogs / yowling cats (TPW ANIMALS).
- Occasional helicopter and jet flybys (TPW AIR).
- Ambient radio chatter in/near vehicles (TPW RADIO).
- Ambient Greek music near/in habitable houses (TPW RADIO)
- Rain droplet effects on the ground near the player (TPW RAINFX).
- Ambient civilians/animals/cars easily excluded from areas such as runways or bases, using simple editor-placed named objects.
- Civs/animals/cars/parked cars/radio/houselights may be excluded from entire areas of the map using triggers.
- Sounds for jumping, falling, rolling and turning prone, sounds for freefalling and under canopy (TPW FALL)
In addition to the addon, the mods are provided as scripts which can be run on a per mission basis. If a script version detects that an addon version is running, it will exit. All mods interoperate well, and share a common startup hint. All mods are light on resources and should not cause slowdowns or framerate issues.
[RAIN FX 1.04] Water droplets on vehicle windows during rain.
[AIR 1.20] Aircraft no longer spawn immediately when mod starts
[BOATS 1.23, CARS 1.31, CIVS 1.32] Fixes to region switching, uniform selection
[FOG 1.07] Total overhaul: automatically selects region appropriate climate data; improved foggy breath calculation; ground fog; snow (huge thanks to NeoArmageddon and Meatball for snow particle parameters).
[AIR 1.19] Additional randomisation of aircraft speed and height (for Lordprimate ].
[BLEEDOUT 1.07] Units can be prevented from bleeding to death using setvariable [“tpw_bleedout_nodeath”,1] in the unit’s init or via script.
[BOATS 1.22, CARS 1.30, CIVS 1.31] CAF Aggressors Middle East civs spawned on Sangin.
[BOATS 1.21, CARS 1.29, CIVS 1.30] Middle East and African civilians automatically spawned on appropriate maps. Requires Ohally’s CAF Aggressors mod.
Thanks very much to the excellent work of Ohally, there are now region specific civilians if you are running CAF Aggressors. The system will automatically assign the correct civ type depending on the map you run – based on the maps I have been able to get running using @A3MP.
Mid east/Central Asian – Mid East Civs
- FATA/Afghan Village
Tropical/Desert – African Civs
- FSF Jungle
- Tigeria/Tigeria SE
[ANIMALS 1.31, CIVS 1.18, PARK 1.06, RADIO 1.11] Fallujah compatibility.
[ANIMALS 1.30] Override BIS default FSM for animals so they no longer run everywhere. Dogs now bark when there is gunfire (needs TPW EBS)
[CARS 1.28] Additional code for spawn delay based on proximity to towns (Thanks Rydygier).
Official BI forum thread