Shay_gman released a new version of his indispensable dynamic mission-making tool for Arma 3, MCC. This is a substantial overhaul, and now includes the new eagerly-anticipated GAIA AI system.
From the author:
We are proud to present you the new version of MCC called MCC Sandbox 4 (beta). MCC Sandbox 4 holds a compete new GUI and complete new AI system GAIA.
Since we did not want to hold the release for videos, large words files and professional art, here you have it. So stay tuned this week for detailed information on how to get the most out of this release! (video instruction)
As mentioned above, it’s a Beta. We realize the product is not perfect, but with your help we will make it perfect. So don’t be shy!
Highlights and need to knows
• Complete new GUI that gives full control to the mission maker from a map perspective.
• Open 3D Editor by ALT-mouse click.
• Units controlled by GAIA (new AI) show up with a G in their name on the map.
• Send any non GAIA controlled group to GAIA by just clicking ‘GIVE TO GAIA’. The group will now be controlled by GAIA in the given zone (left of button) and behavior (left of button).
• Multiple group select and manual waypoints. (manual waypoints cancel GAIA).
• Spice up your existing missions with fully AI controlled mortar, artillery, CAS and air patrols.
• Notice aggressive attacks from AI that prevent you from lazy ‘Duck shooting’ sessions.
• See what the AI does (GAIA) as it generates waypoints, that you can update and cancel whenever you like.
• GAIA get’s her target information from any unit on the map, including not under GAIA control. (so even players on the same side of GAIA).
• GAIA can play against GAIA. Each side can be run completely seperate.
• GAIA can be used seperate from MCC (as long as you have the addon) in your exisiting missions (video on how to will be there next couple of days)
About GAIA in MCC
GAIA stands for Greater Artificial Intelligence. Ever since I typed my first 2 lines of MCC code it has been going through my mind. What if the AI did…? Why isn’t this….? …..These and a zillion other questions have haunted me for too long. GAIA is my answer to most of these questions. So, now you know my personal motivation, let’s move on to the system itself. This document tries to focus on the intent of GAIA and the design decisions that have been made. I won’t try to explain how all of the code works, but after reading this document you should have a clear understanding of what GAIA stands for, what choices she makes and how she operates.
GAIA can best be seen as a higher level lead organization that is tasked to make all groups work towards (a) common goal(s). GAIA does not improve and tries not to influence the behavior at group level.
So what is it that GAIA wants? The main goal of GAIA is to defend territory.
To do that she makes sure that:
• All assets are used intelligently. Know your units, what can they do, what are their weaknesses.
• Responses to threat are in proportion. Do not send more troops then needed, but also make sure it is enough to deal with the opposing threat.
• Understand the priorities. The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority.
In future versions of GAIA goals will be expanded and might even grow to fully commanding offensive battles.
More about GAIA in MCC and how to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/…%20Release.pdf.
– Added: Tooltips and indicators for Mission Settings.
– Added: MCC AI’s settings will effect units spawned via 3D editor or Group Gen.
– Fixed: MCC will now read addon’s groups configs such as Aggressors.
– Fixed: Removed missing weapon config error message after respawn.
– Fixed: MCC zones visable on some clients
– Fixed: Group Genrator will no longer draw waypoints leading [0,0,0];
– Fixed: Save Gear didn’t saved assigned items.
– Fixed: Removed explosion sounds from flares.
– Fixed: IEDs will explode even if moved (car bomb) make sure to set the IED on radio activation so the explosion won’t relay on the target’s speed.
– Reworkded: Total new look to the 3D editor interface.
– Added: Toggle thermal visions (WHot/BHot/NV/Thermal/Noraml) in 3D editor.
– Added: Hide/show 3D editor HUD with H key – for filming exc.
– Added: Compass to 3D editor
– Added: Minimap to 3D editor.
– Added: New structures classes to 3D editor
– Changed: 3D editor safe distnace reduced to 10 meters and also added a timeout of 7 seconds if the cursor haven’t been moved the vehicle will spawn anyway.
– Added: Fast rope to evac.
– Added: Evac helicopters will return to their spawn location automaticlly after they have completed their drop.
– Reworked: Group Generator interface.
– Added: Create zones, spawn units, exc from the Group Gen – in time it will replace menu 1 in MCC and a lot of functions will be called from there.
– Added: Create and save your own custom groups to profileNameSpace. Spawn or use them in the Mission Wizard.
– Added: Save Gear option in mission settings – by default MCC save gear is off so it won’t collide with other medical systems (respawning without primary weapon bug after revive in BTC)
– Fixed: Major lags when using the 3D editor.
– Fixed: Mission Wizard hostage task completed instantly.
– Fixed: Console evac didn’t work
– Fixed: Console Airdrop didn’t work.
– Fixed: Spawning evac boat on water make it jumping in the air.